Skip to main content

Are you my relative?

Imagine. Meeting someone from a different species, but is still like yourself. I honestly can't because I find it impossible today. But the thing is this did happen thousands of years ago. Imagine how that would feel to meet some that is not like you but a distant relative from a distant ancestor. 
Going back in time think about an early Homo sapien meeting a group of Homo neanderthalensis for the first time. the eerie silence folding around you with tension. A break from that may be with violence or just pure curiosity as you move closer to them. You find similar features on them that belong to you as well as some that doesn't match up. They are shorter and thicker than you. They have a longer face with a bigger head than yours. This is a historical moment in prehistory (if that makes sense) that will be looked upon and studied by future generations. All of these thoughts that I have, our ancestors most likely didn't think of at that time but we think it now and actually how crazy that would have been. It would definitely be mind boggling for me today to meet someone like me, but of a different species. 

Comments